Sour cream, fresh corn kernels and zucchini, cheese and bacon… need I say more?
The perfect and tastiest side dish to steaks, pork, chicken, shrimp, just about anything on the grill — once you try this velvety side dish, it will easily become your new favourite!
I discovered this at a friends place a couple of years ago and then decided to add my own little additions which include the bacon and cilantro (I love bacon and I love cilantro on pretty much everything!).
Feel free to be adventurous and add whatever toppings or additions you fancy, although I think this may just be the recipe you will most likely stick with. The only problem with this side dish is waiting for the BBQ to finish before you devour it all!
- 2 Tbsp Italian Dressing
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup Tex Mex Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 cup Gay Lea Sour Cream
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1) In a large skillet on Med heat, add Italian Dressing.
- Add the vegetables; cook and stir 8 to 10 min. or until cooked well. Remove from heat.
- 2) Stir in the cheese and sour cream; cook on medium heat 3 to 5 min. or until cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- 3) Remove from heat and top with crumbled bacon and cilantro. Let cool slightly and serve!
- I personally love the way this tastes after a day in the fridge.
One of my readers will get a chance to win 12 Gay Lea Product Coupons!
*Please note that the product coupons will expire October 2014.
To enter, simply leave me a comment below telling me what you would create or indulge in using Gay Lea Sour Cream.
- Open to Canadian Residents only (excl. QC)
- Winner must be 18 years or over
- Winner may apply across all blogs but can only win on one.
Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with
this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.